Saturday, July 19, 2008

10th grade

Sometimes
When I’m looking at all my college stuff.
And talking about drinking every weekend
And sorting through all the shit I have to do during the week
I wish I was back in tenth grade

Tenth grade was a free time.
We all thought we were individuals.
Friday night was movie theater night
We would alternate who’s parents drove us during the week.
Then we’d go back to somebody’s house and have a sleepover
If we were feeling crazy we’d play poker
We were young, but we were crazy
Sometimes if nobody’s parents were home, we’d mix a whole lot of alcohols from the liquor cabinet
And think we were buzzed.

Now there is no free time
We all know we’re not individuals
Friday night is boredom and broke night
Whoever can afford gas drives
Nobody wants to sleep on the floor of anybody else’s house
If we are feeling crazy, we smoke a joint
We are still young, and this is normal
If nobody’s parents home, we scrap together money and buy a handle
And drink till we pass out.

I wish it was tenth grade.

No comments: