Friday, July 18, 2008

Dear Best Friend

Sometimes I think you have no feelings
Last summer you were my best friend
And I was yours. It was nice to have somebody. My girlfriend broke up with me, and I didn’t care
Because I had you.
And then you went to college
I never cried
I thought we’d stay close
I thought you couldn’t forget about your best friend
Back at home, dissolving in high school without you
Nobody wants to be alone
I was
I didn’t know it
I told myself, I expected this to happen
I wanted him to forget about me
And you did
So I forgot about me too
I forgot about the boy with emotions I used to know
The boy who would get upset
And call you to hear you make me feel better
I tried calling you at college once
You answered, said you’d call me in five minutes
And then you never did
So I stopped listening to my emotions
I told myself, if you don’t need to hear them, then nobody else does
And nobody else did wanna hear them, so quietly oh so quietly
I disappeared
No more best friends for me
You were gone
And I was gone
So there.

No comments: