I got a big box in the mail today
I haven’t opened it yet
I used to tear open packages in the mail
Desperate to see what treasures they held
But they never held what I really wanted
They would give me gifts for brief happiness
I always wished they held so much more
I dreamed they would be boxes of joy
Funny thing is, that the big brown boxes can’t hold so much once you open them
I think that maybe they’ll hold sunshine
But it’s just a lamp
I think that maybe they’ll have a big hug
But they just have a pillow
Maybe they’ll give me a best friend
Somebody to spend time with
No it’s just a movie
I got an unmarked box today
I think I’ll leave this shut
And dream about what’s inside
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment